Dancin’ In The Era of COVID-19
To keep all members of our dance family safe and healthy, we must address the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our community and families. We take pride in our operations and would like to highlight the policies we’ve implemented at the studio to keep us dancing.
In-Building Prevention Steps
- Life Time Fitness has increased their deep cleaning practices.
- Students will have a temporal thermometer check as they enter Life Time Fitness. If your child is old enough to walk to the studio space alone, please be sure they have cleared the temperature check prior to leaving Life Time. Anyone above 100.4 will have to go home and make up class on another date.
- Masks are required for everyone age 11 or older, per statewide mask order.
- In order to promote social distancing, there are designated traffic patterns to enter and leave the club, and there is no gathering in the halls or on the basketball court.
- There are limited tables in the cafe to sit at if parents need to stay in the club.
In-Studio Prevention Steps
- Handwashing & Hand Sanitizing: We will require frequent handwashing (for at least 20 seconds before rinsing) of our students and staff.
- Discouraging close contact: We have adjusted certain aspects of our classes to ensure dancers are not in too close of proximity.
- Surface Cleaning: We wiping down frequently touched surfaces several times each night and all equipment, such as mats and barres before and after every use.
- We have added a 5 minute transition period to allow for more social distancing and cleaning in between classes.
- Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging dancers to cough and sneeze into their arms, not in their hands.
- Staff: Only staff feeling well and without symptoms will be in the studio.
How You Can Help
- Teach your child excellent hand-washing skills.
- Don’t bring toys from home.
- Don’t send your child to the studio sick or if a family member is sick.
- Children missing a class due to illness will be granted a make-up session.
- Don’t break any formal quarantine/government restrictions.
- Teach your child to cough and sneeze into their arm, not in their hand.
If at anytime during the season we are forced to close in-person classes, we will immediately go virtual with no interruption to your services. The situation is always changing, and we monitor it constantly. You will be notified of new safety protocols as they emerge. Thank you for helping us keep kids dancing!
We are monitoring the situation day-to-day.
5 minutes to transition between classes
Don’t bring a sick child to dance.
You will be granted a make-up class if your child is sick.
Teach your child to cough and sneeze into their elbow.
No gathering on the basketball court or in the hallways.